Reliability and PerformanceAdvantages Master Bond Polymer System EP30D-12 Unique
Properties of High Performance Elastomer System EP30D-12Major Applications PackagingAbout Master Bond
Bond’s advanced line of elastomeric adhesives set the standard for today’s
high performance systems. Elastomeric adhesives are unique for their remarkable
toughness and elongation properties. They have great energy absorbing
characteristics and are the solutions of choice for applications requiring
resistance to exposure to vibration, shock, and impact. They are additionally
preferred for use in adhering mismatched substrates exhibiting varying
coefficients of thermal expansion and contraction.
High Reliability and Performance
Bond's elastomeric systems are designed to offer superior reliability and
long term durability. They have earned a well deserved reputation for excellent
performance upon exposure to hostile environmental conditions. Select from a
wide range of systems conveniently packaged for ease of use. These compounds are
available in different viscosities, cure times, chemical resistances, electrical
properties, colors, etc. to best meet specific requirements. They are presently
employed in applications ranging from design and production to repair,
maintenance and field service.
Some advantages of elastomeric adhesives are:
- Improved stress distribution; stresses are evenly distributed over the
entire bonding area thereby minimizing high localized stress concentrations.
- Outstanding fatigue resistance of adhesively bonded joints especially to
- Superior resistance to mechanical shock and vibration even upon prolonged
exposure to hostile environmental conditions.
- Superior thermal resistance.
- Availability of adhesive formulations for a wide range of service conditions from as high as 600°F to cryogenic environments.
Master Bond Polymer System EP30D-12
Bond Polymer System EP30D-12 is a uniquely versatile two component elastomer
featuring superior strength, toughness and chemical resistance for high
performance bonding, sealing, casting, potting and encapsulation applications.
It contains the recognized advantageous performance characteristics of epoxy
resins such as strength, chemical resistance and adhesive qualities, with those
of the polyurethane's including toughness, abrasion resistance and flexibility.
Unique Properties of High Performance Elastomer System
Bond Polymer System EP30D-12 is formulated to cure at room temperature or more
rapidly at elevated temperatures, with a 100 to 20 mix ratio on a weight basis.
It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. The EP30D-12
system cures with minimal shrinkage to a durable high strength and tough
elastomer with remarkably good resistance to thermal cycling and chemicals
including water, inorganic salts, alkalis and acids as well as many organic
chemicals, over the exceptionally wide temperature range of -60°F to more than
The major applications of elastomeric systems include the following:
- For the bonding and sealing of a variety of substrates which exhibit
different coefficients of thermal expansion
- Impact and vibration resistance
- General purpose thermal cycling
- Boroscopes and doublets
- Various gasketing applications
- A low modulus, low stress seal
- Attaching guide wires and catheter balloon bonding
- Protection of CSPs from mechanical shock and vibration
- For use in select spacecraft electronic applications
- In vacuum impregnation where rigid epoxy would be inappropriate
- For the bonding of delicate parts or parts where stress may be encountered
- Excellent adhesion to many metal, plastic, glass, and rubber substrates.
- For the bonding, sealing, and potting of sensitive optical components
- For encapsulating intricate electrical and electronic components
- For the encapsulation of heat-generating devices and modules
- For bonding of stress sensitive devices.
- Piezoelectric and micro-machined sensors
- Sound dampening
- To provide low stress on surface mount components
- For assembly of flexible circuits
- Solder replacement in select situations
- Assembling heating elements
- For attaching heat sinks to electrical components
- For the potting of transformers and inductors
- Bonding flexible substrates and connectors
- Encapsulating coils, potentiometers and modules
- Cable joints/terminations
- Optoelectronic transceiver modules
- Bonding of semiconductor, capacitor, and resistor chips in micro and
optoelectronic hybrid circuit fabrication
- To mold and cast cable connectors, harness assemblies, wiring, and other
Inc. offers a wide selection of different packaging solutions to best meet
specific application requirements. They are designed to optimize dispensing of
compounds. Master Bond's innovative packaging solutions will maximize
productivity, reduce waste and maintain consistently high product reliability.
options are available for epoxies, polyurethanes, polysulfides, silicones,
acrylics and UV cure systems. Additionally, special packaging is available for
anaerobics, cyanoacrylates, latex systems and other resin formulations.
About Master Bond
Bond is a leading adhesive manufacturer offering high quality adhesives,
sealants, coatings, and potting compounds. Master Bond’s
product line consists of epoxy adhesives, polyurethane, silicone, cyanoacrylate
and latex adhesives. Master Bond’s structural adhesives offer design flexibility
and provide excellent bonding performance with a vast array of 3,000 custom
designed adhesive formulations. Adhesive properties differ in viscosity, cure
speed, chemical and temperature resistance, strength, electrical and thermal
conductivity. Specific adhesive systems are designed to meet USP Class VI
certification for medical use or NASA requirements for low outgassing. Master Bond
products are successfully implemented in medical, optical, aerospace,
electronic, and other hi-tech industries.
Source: Master Bond
For more information on this source please visit Master