Table of ContentsIntroductionKey PropertiesApplicationsAbout Multi-Lab
Zirconia engineering ceramics are extremely hard ceramic materials having Vickers hardness higher than that of any known hardened steel & come in a range of doped forms based on the required application.
The key properties of Zirconia are listed below:
- Extremely high fracture toughness when compared to any presently available engineering or monolithic ceramic material.
- Superior wear resistance
- Superior bend / compression strengths
- Extremely high toughness factor
- Low thermal conductivity
- Ultra fine grain to enable superior polished surface finish
- High corrosion or chemical resistance
- Good tensile strength
The main applications of Zirconia are listed below:
- Wear parts
- Pump liners & pistons
- Impellers & Rotors
- Blades, Knifes & slitters etc.
- Wire drawing rings
- Grinding media
- Thermal protection
Multi-Lab is one of the leading High Purity Natural and Synthetic Quartz Glass distributors in Europe. Multi-Lab has always been a defining force in the sale and fabrication of quartz glass within the Semiconductor, Fibre Optic and Lighting industries.
They are also able to manufacture a range of components to customer specification in various other technical ceramics such as alumina, zirconia, silicon carbide, steatite, boron nitride, cordierite, silicon nitride and Macor.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Multi-Lab.
For more information on this source, please visit Multi-Lab.