Topics CoveredIntroductionElemental Analysis for Regulatory Compliance Made Fast, Easy – and MobileAbout Thermo Fisher Scientific-Elemental Analysis
For manufacturers, retailers, and distributors of consumer products, the demand to meet stringent regulations on permissible levels of lead (Pb), cadmium (Cd), and other toxins is a formidable challenge. And the list of affected products seems to grow every month – from toys, jewelry, and clothing to furniture, and more.
Elemental Analysis for Regulatory Compliance Made Fast, Easy – and Mobile
Thermo Scientific portable XRF analyzers are a key component of a reasonable testing program, which demonstrates “due diligence” and satisfies General Conformity Certification (GCC) requirements. They help you achieve compliance easily, cost effectively, and with complete confidence. Perform accurate elemental analysis in seconds anywhere on-site, avoiding the significant cost and time delay of sending samples to outside laboratories.
These are the same instruments chosen by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the European Union’s Product Safety Enforcement Forum (PROSAFE), the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs & Border Protection, Health Canada, and numerous leading manufacturers and retailers in the consumer goods industry. Users benefit in a variety of ways:
- Flexible – Test toys, apparel, fashion jewelry, furniture, and other materials for lead, in compliance with the CPSIA, EN-71, and California’s Proposition 65
- Easy to use – Thermo Scientific TestAll technology automatically selects the correct analytical mode for non-technical users
- Powerful – The integrated camera and spot size as small as 1 mm help accurately isolate small samples and visually document your measurements
- Portable – Screening can occur in-situ on the toy, in the factory, product integrity lab, on the dock, or in the warehouse
- Fast – Pb and toxic material screening takes seconds to minutes, not days. The decision to ship products can happen immediately
- Nondestructive – The analyzed toy or product is not defaced or affected in any way
About Thermo Fisher Scientific-Elemental Analysis
For over 75 years, Thermo Fisher Scientific has been a worldwide supplier of spectrochemical instrumentation to major industries including steel, transportation, cement, construction, food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, academic research, petroleum and electronics. They offer unsurpassed capabilities in the areas of optical emission (OE), X-ray fluorescence (XRF), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and automation of spectrometers.
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific
For more information on this source please visit Thermo Fisher Scientific.