ASM Handbook Volume 9: Metallography and Microstructures
Click here for further information
Includes expanded coverage of COLOR metallography. More than 70 pages are in full color--eight times the amount in the previous edition!
Metallography and Microstructures, Volume 9 of the ASM Handbook, is an essential reference for anyone who specifies, performs, monitors, evaluates, or uses metallurgical analyses for production quality control, research, or educational training. The new edition is a comprehensive reference that features over 30 new articles with substantive updates on metallographic techniques and microstructural interpretation. Expanded and new coverage includes:
- New articles on field metallography, digital imaging, and quantitative image analysis, quantitative metallography, and color metallography
- All-new articles on the metallography and microstructural interpretation of cast irons, carbon and low-alloy steels, aluminum alloys, precious-metal alloys, titanium alloys, ceramics, and thermal spray coatings
- Substantially revised articles on metallography and microstructural interpretation of tool steels, stainless steels, copper alloys, powder metallurgy alloys, and cemented carbides
- Hundreds of new micrographs throughout the volume
- More integrated in-text citation of micrograph images with respect to discussions on preparation techniques and alloy metallurgy
- Updated coverage on specimen-preparation techniques for both manual methods and semi-automatic machines
- Practical coverage on sectioning and specimen extraction
- New and revised articles on structures from solidification and solid-state transformations
- Laboratory safety guide
- New expanded color section
- Metallography and Microstructures is undoubtedly an essential reference for anyone with an interest in the analysis of metals.