Structural Health Monitoring - Condition-Based Maintenance and Intelligent Structures
Click here for further information.
Structural Health Monitoring - Condition-Based Maintenance and Intelligent Structures is a 2-volume set of books, comprising over 2,700 total pages, presents 325 fully original presentations on recent advances in structural health monitoring, as applied to commercial and military aircraft (manned and unmanned), high-rise buildings, wind turbines, civil infrastructure, power plants and ships.
One general theme of the book is how SHM can be used for condition-based maintenance, with the goal of developing prediction-based systems, designed to save money over the life of vehicles and structures. A second theme centers on technologies for developing SHM systems comprising sensors, diagnostic data and decision-making, with a focus on intelligent materials able to respond to damage and in some cases repair it. Finally the book discusses the relation among data, data interpretation and decision-making in managing a wide variety of complex structures and vehicles.
More recent technologies discussed in the book include SHM and environmental effects, energy harvesting, non-contact sensing, and intelligent networks.
Material in these books was first presented in September, 2011 at a conference held at Stanford University and sponsored by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, the Army Research Office, the Office of Naval Research and the National Science Foundation.
Structural Health Monitoring - Condition-Based Maintenance and Intelligent Structures features:
- SHM technologies for condition-based maintenance (CBM) and predictive maintenance
- Verification, validation, qualification, data mining, prognostics systems for decision-making
- Structural health, sensing and materials in closed-loop intelligent networks
- Military and aerospace, bioinspired sensors, wind turbines, monitoring with MEMS, damage sensing, hot spot monitoring, SHM and ships, high-rise structures
- Includes a fully-searchable CD-ROM displaying many figures and charts in full color.
Order the 2 volume set and get the CD.