This standard test for dynamic viscosity measurements is now faster and more accurate by use of new high precision microprocessor controls. As non-Newtonian fluids exhibit different viscosities relative to the shear rate applied, the cone and plate viscometer tightly controls it to 10,000S-1 (B.S. requirements) or to 12,000S-1 (ASTM). These are generally accepted to be representative of paint application via a roller or brush and so reflect ‘real world’ application.
As most viscosity measurements are highly temperature sensitive the samples are placed on a temperature controlled plate which can be set from 5 to 65°C.
The Sheen Cone and Plate Viscometer complies to BS 3900;A7, ASTM D 4287 and ISO 2884.
The Cone and Plate Viscometer from Sheen Instruments features:
- A quick release chuck for rapid cleaning / replacement
- A menu guided LCD display showing - temperature set point, actual plate temperature, viscosity and memory storage number
- Microprocessor controlled plate temperature (0.1°C resolution) - variable between 5° - 65°C
- Hard wearing titanium nitride cone / plate assembly 20 reading memory
- RS232 output: parallel or serial, printer or computer
- Full Auto zero
- Single or continuous reading
- Accuracy - ±2%
- Simple calibration procedure
- Recalibration Oils Kits are available upon request