Testing of medical devices and biomaterials often requires simulation of the physiological environment in which the device will be used. This is often achieved by submersing the specimen in a fluid bath, heated to 37° C during testing.For electromechanical testing systems, there is a risk that fluid spilled from a bath or leakage caused by bath failure could damage the internal electronics, which could further result in an unsafe working environment. It could also render the test system inoperable.
The Instron BioCoat is a protective polyurethane cover designed for 5940 single-column testing systems.It creates a liquid resistant cover that protects the testing machine and also provides a smooth surface that is easy to clean any spills. It helps deliver a more robust testing system when being used with a fluid bath.
- Liquid-resistant protection for water, saline, blood and blood-simulation products
- Allows access to testing machine connectors and controls
- Provides access for standard Instron fixtures, grips, baths, extensometers, and platens
- Easy installation and removal
- Compatible with Instron 5942, 5943 and 5944 single-column electromechanical testing systems