United Testing Systems offers a complete line of Universal Testing
and accessories for tensile and hardness testing.
All United Universal Mechanical Testing Machines have a number of
standard features developed to give the user the most accurate and
- Twin ball screw drive w/solid-state servo and motor controls.
Single ball screw drive for capacities less than 1,000 Lbf.
- Crosshead guidance system ( maximum lateral motion 0.010" over
full crosshead travel).
- Anti-backlash system.
- "Emergency Stop" control via rocker switch, computer or
mechanical limit switches.
- Interchangeable, electronic load cell weighing system.
- USB-connectivity for computerized machines assures data integrity
and supported high data transfer rate.
- Quick-disconnect load cell and fixture system.
An affordable, ultra-accurate, single-column materials table-top
testing machine for those low capacity testing needs. Ideal for use in
most testing situations including test labs, R&D applications,
quality control and production testing.
is designed to perform a variety of test routines
including tension, compression, flex, shear and peel with user-friendly
Windows®-based software. This system is able to test the strength of
materials in accordance with most industry standards including ASTM,
BS, DIN, ISO and JIS.
Key Features of the SSTM
- Affordably priced
- Small footprint
- Efficient working space
- Easy to operate
- USB data connectivity
- Interchangeable load cells (optional)
- Compatible with various extensometers
- Variable speeds from 0.001” to 40”/minute
- Two-year guarantee
- Made in USA
Data Acquisition and Control
The SSTM-2.5KN incorporates a PC-compatible computer for data
acquisition and machine control functions. The machine includes the
- USB connectivity for high speed data acquisition and control.
- Preload, Test, Stop, and Return operations initiated with one
- Preload Force, Test Speed and Return Speed may be preset.
- JOG controls allow fast and accurate crosshead setup.
- Automatic Stop or Return following sample break.
- Graphic display in real time – Load or Stress vs. Extension.
- Load measurement accuracy: ±0.5% of reading from 1% to 100% of
- Extension from crosshead: resolution = 0.12 micron/jaw
separation. Accuracy = ±83 microns/meter of travel.
- Extension from extensometers: resolution = 1/262144 of full
range. Accuracy per extensometer specifications.
- Standard system supports one load and one extensometer input
channel. Additional channels are optional. Resolution: 20 bits binary.
DSP filter standard. Conversion rate: programmable.
- Operator-selectable measurement units: English, Metric, SI or
- Operator may set any test speed within the capacityof the machine
by keyboard entry.
- Limits programmable-position, load or strain.
- Cycle functions programmable-position, load or strain control.
- Area compensation can be turned on or off.
- Digital servo control system – optical encoder, digital signal
processor, solid-state amplifier.
- Manufactured in the USA
Force Measurement System
Accuracy: ± the larger of 0.5% of reading or 0.005% of
Repeatability: ± the larger of 0.25% of reading or 0.005% of
Loadframe & Drive System
Lateral Motion: ±0.25mm (0.01 inch) maximum over full crosshead
Speed Accuracy: ±0.1 percent of set speed for all forces within
the capacity of the machine when averaged over the larger of 15 seconds
or 50mm (2 inches).
Position Resolution: 0.12 µm (5 microinches)
Position Accuracy: The greater of 0.025mm (0.001 inch) or 0.025%
Position Repeatability: ±0.005mm (0.0002 inch).
Drive Resolution: Same as position resolution.
Frame Stiffness: 5000 lbs. (2262 Kg)/inch deflection.
Speed Range: 0.001” to 40” (1016mm)/min.
Maximum Capacity: 2.5KN (560 lbf)
Crosshead Travel: (excluding load cell & 30” (762mm) fixtures)
Depth to Column: 5” (127mm)
Height: 54” (1371mm)
Width: 12” (305mm)
Depth: 24” (610mm)
150 lb (68 Kg)
Computer System: 40 lb (18 Kg)