Hosokawa downflow booths with a filtration performance of a minimum of 99.99% are
especially used where toxic, hazardous or sensitizing products are handled, especially in fine chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries.
The downflow booths are built internally in white powder-coated zintec steel or
satin polished stainless steel and are offered in a large number of standard sizes from 2 to 4 m with a safe working depth between 1.3 and 1.8 m.
Hosokawa offers downflow recirculaton booths as an independent plug in facility that needs only a three-phase electrical supply or as a completely
integrated system designed into a present facility.
Total safety for personnel is ensured by the air recirculation system as a conditioned air downflow moves from the inlet plenum of the booth’s ceiling
pushing any vapors or dust downward and away from the breathing zone of the operator.
The air is extracted from the booth through low level grills mounted in the rear wall.
The exhaust air volume is transferred via an EU4 primary filter, an EU8 2nd stage fine dust filter and then a 3rd stage EU31 HEPA filter before being
recirculated into the booth.
The downflow booths are provided with flush fitting panels and there are no
contamination-prone crevices. These are also available in non-standard layouts and sizes in order to meet customer requirements. The width of non-standard
sizes is between 1.5 and 12.0 m width and internal height 2.0 m to 9.0 m.
Features and Benefits
The features and benefits of downflow booths are:
- Features interlocked high performance fan and lighting circuits
- Has a dedicated electrical panel for booth
- Equipped with a standard alarm system
- Manufactured to meet AMP and FDA standards
- Internal service access behind flush fitting rear wall covers
- Has a completely automatic built-in dust-burden compensation system
The additional options provided by the company include the following:
- High containment work zones
- Glove ports and ventilated benches for active powder handling
- Chiller and heater coils for temperature control
- Extensive range of fully fitted internal equipment; cupboards, computer stations etc.
- Barrier-bag safe-change filter housing
The applications of the Vitalair downflow booths are:
- Product dispensaries
- Raw material transfer
- Finished goods sampling
- Weighing and mixing areas
- CIP work areas