A portable coating thickness measuring gauge for the non-destructive measurement of paint, lacquer, plastic and other insulating coatings on plastic, wood, glass and ceramic as well as polymer layers on metal.
As a special feature, the gauge offers the possibility to measure the total thickness as well as the individual layers of a multi-layer system in only one measuring process. The robust gauge is appropriate for use in the laboratory, in production and on site.
When the probe is placed on the coated surface, it sends sound pulses which penetrate the coating through to the base material. Provided the coatings and the substrate possess different acoustic properties, these pulses are reflected by the different surfaces and transmitted to the transducer in the probe. The various time intervals are measured and calculated by a microprocessor to give individual and total coating thickness. The time to obtain a reading is approx. two seconds or less. If the portable MiniPrint is connected all readings and statistical data can be printed out in individual memories and batches.
· Measurement of the total thickness as well as the individual layer thickness of a multi-layer system in only one operation
· High accuracy and reproducibility
· Storage and documentation of measuring values
· Memory capacity: Maximum 10,000 measuring values in maximum 500 batches
· Measuring range coating thickness measurement:
· Single layer 10...500µm / 0.39...19.69mils
· Multi layer total thickness 10...500µm / 0.39...19.69mils
· Measuring range wall thickness measurement:
· Metal: 0.1...8mm / 3.97...315mils
· Plastics: 0.2...3mm / 7.87...118mils
· Robust measuring gauges for use in the laboratory, in production and on site
· Limit setting with optical and acoustic warning when limits are exceeded
Scope of delivery
· Gauge conforming to DIN EN ISO 2808, ASTM D 6132, with probe, cable and rechargeable batteries
· Mains unit with Euro / US adapter
· Operating instructions
· Plastic case
· Coupling liquid, 100 g
· Software Qsoft