The Audit Series from Baugh & Weedon offers users with an ideal combination of precision, economy, robustness and simplicity of operation. Audit 105 and 106 are robust and well-completed instruments. A robust hermetically sealed ABS case houses the electronic micro circuitry having a front panel membrane that ensures superior environmental protection.
The salient features of the Audit Series are:
- The standard DT25 probe is specially built to withstand even the most difficult conditions and rough handling.
- An integral probe lead is connected to a strong stainless steel probe housing using a flexible fitting to minimize the risk of breakage of thickness gauges.
- The cable is further protected by a covering sheath, and connects to the instrument through a robustly constructed plug.
- An optional DT15 Probe with separate lead is available. The DT1, used with a spring loaded holder, is able to locate accurately on curved surfaces down to a radius of 20mm.
The applications of the Audit Series ultrasonic gauges are:
- Road Transport
- Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- Food Manufacture
- Civil Engineering
- Process lndustries
- General Engineering
- LPG and mains gas distribution
- Mechanical Handling
- Mines & Quarries
- Water Distribution
- Forges & Foundries
Using Audit ultrasonic gauges, it is possible to comply with statutory requirements, measure corrosion rates, measure abrasion wear rates, avoid expensive unscheduled maintenance, plan intervals between inspections and examine the working plan without shutdown.
Furthermore, a number of applications exist in Quality Control & Quality Assurance where is essential to confirm if dimensions are with specified requirements.
Pre-calibration of the Audit-105 is done to measure mild steel and to offer the ultimate in ease of operation. The ON button is pressed, couplant is applied to the area that has to be measured, the probe is placed on the surface and the LCD display is read.
The risk of erratic readings is eliminated by a built-in warning display and the instrument switches off when not being used. A 6 mm block is mounted on the front panel and available for reference to confirm correct operation of the probe and instrument.
The Audit 106 features 10 preset calibration programs for selection of commonly used engineering materials. Program selection is impacted by pressing the MAT button. The Audit 106 also features a zero facility. The Audit 107 enables full operator calibration
either by setting the velocity or using testpieces of known thickness, of the material to be measured. This enables high precision of results.