The CTS 3610 is a novel instrument that offers high reliability and confidence for the monitoring of heat-treatment condition, chemical composition, metallurgical structure and hardness of ferromagnetic materials, finished and semi-finished components.
The electro-magnetic properties of test components are compared with a known sample. The instrument offers a reliable monitor of the physical characteristics of the tested components.
Uses of CTS 3610
The CTS 3610 can be used for:
- Performing hardness assessment of component batches up to rates of 700 pieces /hour.
- For increasing sample sizes while performing quality control of batches. It is possible to quickly identify extremes in a large number of components causing an increased percentage of samples tested at a considerably reduced cost.
- Indicating heat treatment issues as they occur within the area, without the need for preparing test pieces, with saving the need for manual hardness testing of large numbers of components.
- On site or in house for monitoring the quality of sub-contracted components due to the instrument portability and convenient operation.
- Elimination of costly machining costs resulting from the wrong specification of steel being used.
- As an alternative to 100% Hardness Testing.