The Lumazon is a white light and dual LED UV battery-powered lamp for dye-
penetrant and magnetic particle inspection.
LED technology offers extended operating lifetime, enhanced output, higher efficiency because of instantaneous operation and cost savings as costly
replacement bulbs are not needed.
A trigger and two switches are involved in the Lumazon. The trigger behaves as an
on/off switch with an adjacent hold switch in order to maintain white or UV light output constantly. The rear switch selects white light or UV output.
The salient features of the Lumazon are:
- It is battery powered
- Features LED Operation, with long operating life hence no expensive replacement bulbs and no warm-up time
- Is compact and light weight
- Is battery operated (rechargeable).
- Can be used continuously for 5 hours hence can be used in multiple shifts without recharging.
- Low battery warning when there is around half an hour life remaining
- Can switch between white and ultraviolet light.
- Meets UV and white light inspection criteria for NDT applications.
- Increased UV output
- Low power consumption.