This air temperature sensor is suited for external applications since the connections are enclosed in a weatherproof connection box. It is also highly suited to internal applications that require the box to be rugged.
The sensor housing is a perforated stainless steel tube allowing a free airflow across the sensor element hence giving a good response time. For those that require a standard transducer signal, a version having a 4–20mA transmitter is also available.
The key features of the external/rugged air temperature sensors are:
- Metal enclosure dimensions of 80 x 74 x 54 mm
- Has a three-wire configuration
- The sensor element is BS EN 60751:1996 Class B - RTD Pt100 element or is alternatively incorporated with an optional 4–20mA transmitter
- The wire is terminated at a screw terminal block
- The sensor can be wall-mounted via screw holes in the back of case
- Cable entry is possible through a weatherproof cable gland
- The operating range is from -30°C to +150°C.