A number of leading companies consider the RFM300+ series refractometers as the ultimate instrument to be installed in challenging factory environments and also as a primary quality control tool. The RFM300+ series of refractometers offers all the original design attributes as in the first versions but with an increased refractive index range, versatile software structure and Peltier temperature control.
The key features of RFM300+ refractometers are:
- The refractometer comprises a shallow, easy to clean prism dish housing a single sapphire prism optical system secured by a sample presser, which can also be used to begin measurement without having to press the read button.
- The prism surface has a large sampling area to enable measurement of not just homogenous fluids but also industrial resins and fruit pulp.
- Intelligent software is provided that ensures quick temperature response to changes in prism temperature while the SMART temperature stability check ensures that the result is displayed only when the sample is stable.
- A Methods system enables quick configuration of instrument setup and offers limit checks against stored data as well as product specific offsets and acid corrections.
- More than 700 readings may be stored within the memory of the instrument and the on-screen menu may be displayed in a number of different languages.
- Two formats of the instrument are available, the most popular is the 2-decimal place RFM340+ refractometer, which after improvements to the thermodynamic control system, now has an improved measurement performance between 0-20°Brix and so brings down potential measurement error in the critical range encompassing finished products like the previously mentioned juices and sodas.
- SG scales for sucrose are also common to the series. These scales may be used for expressing the relative density of pure sucrose solutions and when used along with a product offset from within the Methods system, can show finished beverages as an equivalent SG.
- Furthermore, all RFM300+ series refractometers can display the measured result in two scale formats such as a Brix value based on SG alongside the original refractive index measurement.
- Optional software is also available at point of order to enable use in an environment controlled by FDA regulation 21 CFR Part 11 as well as optional devices that allow use in wet and humid factory environments, offering ultimate protection under the worst of environmental conditions.