The ADP440+ is a single wavelength, high precision polarimeter that can be used in a range of applications and is particularly suitable for use in pharmaceutical laboratories where compliance with Pharmacopoeia is needed. It is possible to read samples up to 3.0 OD using optics that feature a ‘no maintenance’ yellow LED and interference filter along with a photodiode detector. The instrument has both angular and sugar scales (ISS) and it can be programmed with user scales along with industry standard methods for displaying concentration and specific rotation directly.
The key features of the ADP440+ Polarimeter are:
- While the instrument is continually reading, the operator just needs to place the sample tube in the measurement chamber and read the result.
- Four push buttons on the instrument keypad include MENU setup, ZERO calibration, METHOD selection (or display MODE if no methods are being used) and PRINT.
- The instrument is password-protected against accidental or deliberate misuse, which can be expanded to enable conformance with the technical requirements of FDA regulation 21 CFR Part 11.
- User Acess is provided by keypad entry or RFID user assigned ‘tags’.
- The measured reading is continually displayed ensuring measurement assurance and sample stability.
- Data handling is in accordance with GLP providing a record of measurement date, time, batch and operator numbers.
- It is possible to select on-screen menus in English, French, Spanish or German.
- In cases where sample temperature is critical, optional polarimeter tubes fitted with a water jacket may be used in place of standard glass tubes. The instrument temperature sensor may be mounted in the centre arm of the tube and if needed, sugar or a user defined temperature compensation may be adopted.
In the sugar industry, the instrument may act as a saccharimeter. In the ‘purity mode’ the instrument will calculate and display ‘sugar purity’ with Brix values being input automatically from an RFM refractometer or through the keypad. For quick measurements, funnel and flow through cells are available and require the use of specially suited slotted lids. The instrument can be checked and calibrated using a quartz control plate by accessing the span facility in the setup menu. In case a sample is too dark, the instrument will display an error message.