For benchtop analytical power with easy portability, a closed-beam, field-rugged X-5000 is offered by Olympus that can work in virtually any environment.
The key features of the X-5000 are:
- The X-5000 offers true portability with a high power and performance level, the company’s advanced three beam method and the latest in detector technology,
- It also features a novel large area silicon drift detector, tested and used extensively in laboratory –based high-end instrumentation
- The X-5000 is offered with two different x-ray tube anode choices.
- A tantalum (Ta) anode x-ray tube configuration is utilized for excellent sensitivity measuring 25+ transition metals including Cd, Ag, Au, Pb, Cr, and even Rare Earth Elements.
- A rhodium (Rh) anode configuration is offered when the application calls for optimized analysis of light elements including Al, Si, S, Mg and P, along with mid range transition metals.
- The number of samples that can be analyzed at the location needed dramatically reduces analytical costs; and, turnaround time is not a limiting factor anymore.
The X-5000 provides qualitative or quantitative real-time elemental chemistry, right at the point of the sample location, where you need it most. In case the analytical needs are motivated by regulations, quality control or immediate return on investment inspection, the X-5000 will perform effectively.
The applications include:
- Toys & Sporting Goods
- Furniture & Fabric
- Costume Jewelry & Apparel
- Foods, Vitamins & Supplements
- Cosmetics & Personal Care Products
- PCB's & Solders
- Cables & Connectors
- Packaging Materials
- Metal Components
- Mining Exploration & Ore Grading
- Mining Quality & Process Control
- RCRA & Priority Pollutants
- US EPA Method 6200 and ISO/DIS 13196
Oils, Fuels & Liquids
- Oil & Fuel Analysis
- Catfines & Wear Metals
- Slurries & Waste Stream Pollutants
- Test through Capped Containers
Metals & Alloys
- Aerospace & Power Generation
- Failure Analysis
- Scrap Processing or Alloy Production
- Light Elements