Oxford Instruments has introduced a new, compact open-load system that has been specifically designed for Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD). The OpAL
system has a special thermal ALD tool which provides an easy option to upgrade to plasma, thus delivering thermal as
well as plasma ALD in a single instrument.
The product features of the OpAL Atomic
Layer Deposition System are:
- Field upgrade is provided for plasma option
- Open loaded thermal ALD tool with plasma option
- Compact wafer pieces up to full 200 mm wafers are ideal for industry and academic research and development.
- Can be equipped with a nitrogen purged glove box featuring a sample entry load lock for dry areas
- Vapour draw or bubbling of up to four solid or liquid precursors
- In-situ analytical choices including spectroscopic ellipsometry linked into ALD control software
- Inner chamber which is easily removable helps in reducing chamber cleaning times
- Pneumatic hoist for safe opening of chamber
- Cabinet can be attached to extraction lines and includes nitrogen purge for health and safety compliance
- Can be fitted with nitrogen purged glove box or extraction hood for health and safety compliance
Additionally, the OpAL multi-user level, recipe-driven, PC2000 control software uses the same software platform as
the PlasmaPro product series. It is customized and user-friendly to promote fast cycle ALD.
- Offers superior step coverage even within high aspect ratio structures
- Up to 200 mm wafer having standard uniformity <±2%
Customers can benefit from OXFORD’s repeatable and controllable processes which have been devised in the
company’s applications laboratory and aided by onsite process acceptance and support.
Features of OpAL and FlexAL
|Bubbled solid and liquid precursors
||Up to 4 plus water, ozone and gases
||Up to 8 plus water, ozone and gases
||Up to 200mm wafers & pieces directly on stage
||Up to 200mm wafers handling and pieces on a carrier plate
|Maximum precursor source temperature
|Clusterable to other process modules
||Yes - inc third party MESC modules as special option
||Loadlock or cassette
|Mfc controlled gas lines with rapid delivery system;
1) thermal gas precursors (e.g.
2) plasma gases (e.g. O2, N2,
Up to 8 in externally mounted gas pod
|Up to 10 in externally mounted gas pod
|Wafer stage temperature range
||25ºC – 400ºC
||25ºC – 400ºC (550ºC option)
|Swagelok 10ms rapid pulsing ALD valves