The Impressor is a convenient tool for testing the hardness of aluminum, aluminum alloys, copper, brass and
other materials including plastics and fibreglass. The instrument is designed for use on fabricated parts and
assemblies as well as on raw stock.
- Easy to use - the Impressor requires no experience and can be used in any position.
- Hardness reading displayed instantly on the graduated dial, no waiting, pre-loading or separate measurements required.
- Lightweight - the Impressor only weighs 1lb 2oz.
- 3 models available to suit application.
- Standard package - Instrument, carrying case, adjusting tool, two spare indenter points.
The Impressor is best suited for testing homogenous materials. Materials of granular, fibrous or coarse
structure will produce a wide variation in hardness readings because of the small diameter of the indenter point.
For accurate readings, material should be at least 1/32" thick and large enough for a minimum distance of 1/8"
in any direction from the indenter point to the edge of the specimen. The testing area should be smooth and
free from mechanical damage. Simply exert pressure against the instrument to drive the spring-loaded indenter
point onto the material. The indenter point must be perpendicular to the surface being tested. On very soft
metals, the highest