You’ve been expecting something genuinely new from the AFM/SPM industry,
but for many years you’ve only seen tweaks to old technology. Now Asylum
Research introduces the Cypher™
, the first totally new small sample AFM/SPM in over a decade. More capability,
more control, more functionality, more modularity, and more resolution –
all with striking ease of use.
from Asylum Research is the world's highest resolution AFM and features:
- Closed loop atomic resolution using sensors in all three
axes ensures the highest resolution and most accurate images possible today.
With the Cypher
AFM, you no longer have to choose between the accuracy and control of
closed loop and the low noise of open loop. Asylum’s third generation
NanoPositioning System (NPS™) sensors are the quietest in the world
With positioning accuracies better than 60 picometers in X, Y and Z, you not
only achieve atomic resolution in closed loop, you also get the most accurate
measurements, positioning and nanomanipulation possible.
- SpotOn™ automated laser alignment provides extraordinary
ease of use. With Cypher's
fully motorized laser and photodiode positioning, a mouse click aligns the
laser spot on your cantilever and centers your photodetector.
- Laser spot sizes as small as 3µm enable high-speed
AC imaging with small cantilevers. Cypher
provides the industry’s smallest spot size, allowing you to use cantilevers
smaller than 10µm for fast imaging and sub-picoNewton force measurements.
proprietary system-level mechanical design is inherently immune to
normal environmental vibration, eliminating the need for additional isolation
add-ons for most labs. The integrated system enclosure includes thermal control
and provides additional acoustic isolation for noisy environments.
This system-level design creates images of atomically flat samples that are
free of periodic noise. Cypher
also features unimpeded 180 degree optical/mechanical access to your samples
and a small 40x42cm footprint that conserves lab space.
- Interchangeable modules broaden your options for applications
and scanning modes. MultiLux™ source modules are available with laser
diodes and low-coherence SLDs in a variety of spot sizes to provide optimal
signal-to-noise over a wide range of cantilever lengths. Module exchange takes
only a minute.
- High resolution top-view optics with Köhler illumination
provide crystal clear viewing of your sample and tip. Cypher's
custom optics with 20X objective are limited only by physical diffraction.
You’ll see sub-micron resolution over a 690x920µm field of view
with digital zoom and pan.
integrated enclosure provides thermal control and acoustic isolation
to optimize imaging and measurement stability. Achieve >10X improvement
in thermal drift compared to older, less advanced SPMs.
- Contact: Uses feedback on deflection. Height, deflection, and lateral force
(LFM) signals available.
- AC: Uses feedback on amplitude. Signals available include height, amplitude/phase,
I/Q, deflection, lateral; digital Q-control included.
- Force: Force curve acquisition and mapping in contact or AC mode. Triggering/feedback
allow for a wide variety of force curve modes.
- Dual AC™: Provides multiple frequency drives and analyses for bimodal
and harmonic measurements and imaging.
- Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM): Enables high sensitivity, high bias
and cross-talk free measurements of piezo materials.
- Electric Force Microscopy (EFM)
- Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM)
- Surface Potential
- Frequency Modulation (FM)
- Operation in fluid
- Conductive AFM with ORCA™ Module: Provides low-current measurements
at constant applied voltage for electrical characterization.
- STM with ORCA Module
- iDrive™ magnetic actuated drive for imaging of soft samples in fluid.
- Band Excitation for measurement of materials properties.