The SKP5050 is a comprehensive Kelvin Probe solution for researchers looking to carry out scanning measurements on their samples; it comes with everything needed to produce reliable, repeatable results, due to the unique features provided by the ‘Baikie System’.
The SKP5050 provides a scan area of 50mm by 50mm and can record up to 80 by 60 points in any one measurement. In single point mode the SKP5050 records up to 5000 points per measurement.
This system can also be used in a controlled atmosphere using our Relative Humidity Chambers or can be used with any of our Surface Photovoltage options.
The Kelvin Probe is a non-contact, non-destructive vibrating capacitor device used to measure the work function (wf) of conducting materials or surface potential of semiconductor or insulating surfaces. The wf of a surface is typically defined by the topmost 1-3 layers of atoms or molecules, so the Kelvin Probe is one of the most sensitive surface analysis techniques available. KP Technology Systems offer very high wf resolution of 1-3 meV; currently the highest achieved by any commercial device.
The Baikie System
All KP Technology Systems are based upon unique features developed by Professor Iain Baikie. These features are unsurpassed by any other company.
- Highest work function/surface potential resolution of 1 - 3 meV (standard)
- Voice Coil driver provides very high rejection of driver talkover noise compared with piezoelectric systems
- Off null signal detection system for improved resolution - Our Signal-to-Noise (S/N) features remain unsurpassed in the field
- Height regulation feature to control the tip to sample spacing during measurements and scans which allow for stable, reliable and repeatable results
- Full digital control of all Kelvin Probe parameters
- Quick change probe tip allowing user selectable spatial resolution
User digital control of probe amplitude, probe frequency, mean spacing, and tip potential. Automatic measurement of Kelvin Probe signal and work function averaging. Export of data to Excel compatible spreadsheets. The software also allows user control of motorised translators allowing custom (X, Y) scans, permitting high-resolution work function topographies up to 50mm per side. Software features tip tracking control during scanning and real-time 3D reporting of sample work function and sample height topographies.
What is Included
- Kelvin Probe Head Unit with Integral Tip Amplifier & Tip
- Optical Grade Breadboard
- Optical Kelvin Probe Mount with 25.4 mm Manual Translator
- Sample Holder with Gold/Aluminium Calibration Sample
- 3-Axis Motorised Translation Stage
- Digital Control Unit
- Dell PC with Monitor
- Data Acquisition System (Preinstalled in PC)
- Scanning Kelvin Probe Software (on CD and Preinstalled on PC)
- NI-DAQ Software (on CD and Preinstalled on PC)
- Faraday Screen
- Spare Tip Amplifier
- Power Supply Unit
- Associated System Cables and Manuals
- Optical Camera Arrangement with 7” Monitor and Optical Mounts
- Digital Oscilloscope
- Additional Tips
- 24 Month Warranty
- Scanning system - 50mm x 50mm
- Height Control - 50mm (Manual and Automatic)
- Position Resolution - 0.3175 ìm
- Tracking System - Automatic hold of tip to sample spacing to 0.3175 ìm
- Visualisation - 3D maps of surface potential
- Can be used with Surface Photovoltage options
- Can be used with Relative Humidity Chamber options
"I have been working the Kelvin Probe and I have become quite comfortable with it. It is an excellent device and exquisitely sensitive."
Prof. Andrew Ahn, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, USA