The Dimension® Icon® Atomic Force Microscope with ScanAsyst™ brings new levels of performance, functionality, and AFM accessibility to nanoscale researchers in science and industry. Building upon the world's most utilized large-sample AFM platform, the latest Dimension system is the culmination of decades of technological innovation, customer feedback and industry-leading application flexibility. The Icon has been designed from top to bottom to deliver revolutionary low drift and low noise that allows users to achieve artifact-free images in minutes instead of hours, enabling increased productivity.
AFM Performance and Productivity Redefined
Incorporating the latest evolution of Bruker’s industry-leading tip-scanning AFM technology, the Icon’s temperature-compensating position sensors render noise levels in the sub-angstroms range for the Z-axis, and angstroms in X-Y. This is extraordinary performance in a large-sample, 90-micron scan range system, surpassing the noise performance of most open-loop, high-resolution AFMs.
In addition to superior resolution, many of the Icon’s new features are designed specifically to increase usability and productivity for both new and expert AFM researchers:
- Proprietary sensor design achieves closed-loop performance with open-loop noise levels for previously unseen resolution on large-sample AFMs
- New-design XYZ closed-loop head delivers higher scan speed, without loss of image quality, enabling greater throughput for data collection
- Latest version of NanoScope software offers an intuitive workflow and default experiment modes that distill advanced AFM processes into preconfigured settings
- High-resolution camera and X-Y positioning permit faster, more efficient sample navigation
- Wide-open access to the tip and sample accommodates a large variety of standard and customized experiments
- Hardware and software take the fullest advantage of all current and future Bruker AFM modes and techniques, including our revolutionary HarmoniX Nanoscale Material Property Mapping mode
The Dimension Icon’s uncommon ease of use, ultimate performance, exceptional productivity, and superior versatility make it the obvious choice for practically every AFM application. It has never been so easy to get so much high-quality data so quickly.