Photometrics Prime is the first intelligent scientific CMOS (sCMOS) camera to include a robust FPGA-based Embedded Signal Processing™ engine (ESP).
Advanced real-time processing features are the result of ESP:
- PrimeLocate™ dynamically examines the collected images, and minimizes the excess data produced during high speed super resolution imaging.
- PrimeEnhance™ improves the quality and clarity of images, by quantitatively increasing the Signal to Noise Ratio by 3X-5X
Prime is designed using sCMOS sensor technology, and it is considered to be a versatile life science imaging system. It has high resolution with exceptional sensitivity, high frame rates, very low noise, and a good dynamic range. The camera has a large field of view that is suitable for microscopy, and it optimizes the effectiveness of the imaging area.
- Sophisticated triggering - Multiple expose out triggering
- Optimized pixel Size - 6.5 µm pixel pitch
- Very low read noise - 1e- (median), <1.5e- (rms)
- Large field of view - 18.8mm sensor diagonal
- Better dynamic range - 30,000:1, 89.5dB
- High quantum efficiency - 72% peak QE
- Rapid frame rates - 100 fps
- ESP - PrimeEnhance, Multi-ROI (Region of Interest), and PrimeLocate
- TIRF microscopy
- Super resolution microscopy
- High speed ratiometric imaging
- Confocal microscopy
- Light sheet microscopy