The MMC 274 Nexus® consists of two parts: the base unit with electronics and the exchangeable calorimeter module. This guarantees maximum flexibility.
Exchangeable calorimeter modules are available for different applications. The Accelerating Rate Calorimeter (ARC®) module can be used for standard process safety work. External heater and VariPhi™ modules can be employed for more sophisticated measurements.
Key Features and Advantages of MMC 274 Nexus®
Multiple testing modes in one instrument for wide application coverage
- Scanning mode (constant power, constant heating rate)
- Isothermal mode
- Adiabatic mode with Heat-Wait-Search for process safety tests
Exchangeable calorimeter modules in one table-top instrument
- ARC module for safety testing
- External sample heater module for scanning tests as with DSC
- VariPhi™ module for fire exposure tests, specific heat, endothermal effects
Wide temperature range up to 500°C
Wide pressure range up to 100 bar (10 MPa)
Various sample containers of different materials and volumes
Proteus® software for the evaluation of onset, peak, area, etc., which may be combined with other thermoanalytical data in one plot