STOE offers the INSITU HT2 heating and reaction chamber specifically developed to examine solid state and solid state-gas reactions in capillaries in a high temperature on a vertically mounted transmission diffractometer, such as the STOE STADI MP or STADI P.
The high-temperature reaction chamber comprises of a cylindrical double walled, water cooled body, with an entrance collimator for the main beam and an exit window with 90° opening, covered with Kapton® foil, for the diffracted X-rays.
The heating element has a coiled graphite rod fixed between the base plate and the lid, and contacted directly by thermocouple. A motor can be used to oscillate the sample in order to minimize the effects of preferred orientation.
The most recent version of WinXPow software is used by the INSITU HT2 chamber, which is completely monitored by a computer.
Download the Brochure for More Information
- Sample volume from 5 to 20 mm3
- Gas flow between 0.01 and 0.1 l/min
- Rigid capillaries, e.g. sapphire or quartz glass
- For Mo or Ag Kα1-radiation
- Temperature range from RT to 1600 °C
- Heating device with coiled graphite heating element and a thermocouple connected to Eurotherm® controller