The Compact Atmospheric Sounding Interferometer CATSI - CWAS from ABB is a fast scanning interferometer. It covers the spectral range between 3 µm and 18 µm (560 cm-1 to 3300 cm-1) and provides advanced radiometric accuracy for thermal emission measurements.
The detector is capable of detecting the presence of any toxic gas in the air, over a range of more than 5 km.
Compared to most other IR spectroscopic methods, this technology provides enhanced sensitivity and spectral purity. The spectroradiometer depends on the ABB MR Series of Fourier Transform interferometer.
The CATSI - CWAs Standoff Detector system is easy to use, and offers an excellent performance. The graphical user interface of the software provides simple and clear commands and real-time spectral feedback.
The main characteristics of the CATSI - CWAs Standoff Detector system are as follows:
- Intuitive user-friendly interface
- Real-time detection of CWA and numerous TICs
- Provides unrestricted 360° azimuthal surveillance scanning with depression/elevation angles ranging between -10° and +40°
- ATP-45 NBC-1 report generation
- Optimal sensitivity through adaptive processing of the background environment
- Initiated Build-In-Test (IBIT)
- Detect and identifies in up to 5 km distances
- Continuous operation using DC/DC, AC/DC power sources and auxiliary batteries
- Day and night operation
- Automated self-calibration sequence