NanoSIMS 50 is a unique ion microprobe optimizing SIMS analysis performance
at high lateral resolution. It is based on a coaxial optical design of the ion
gun and the Secondary ion extraction, and on an original magnetic sector mass
analyzer with multicollection.
50 delivers simultaneously several key performances that can only be obtained
individually with any other known instrument or technique:
- High analysis spatial resolution (down to 50 nanometers),
- High sensitivity (ppm in element imaging),
- High Mass Resolution (M/dM),
- Parallel acquisition (up to seven masses),
- Fast acquisition (DC mode, not pulsed),
- Analysis of electrically insulating samples without problem.
And thanks to recent improvements, isotope ratio reproducibility of a few
tenths of permil can now be achieved.