Temperature Options for Optical Systems is designed for Raman and fluorescence
measurements to be made over a wide range of temperatures. The Dewar has three
windows, two for the entrance and exit of the exciting beam and one at right
angles to this for observing the Raman or fluorescence radiation.
In addition to the refrigerator and vacuum chamber, a temperature controller
is needed, either manual or programmable; a source of dry nitrogen (99.998%
purity); a filter dryer; and vacuum pump capable of maintaining a vacuum <
5 mTorr in the chamber. Other accessories that add to the convenience of operating
the system are available from MMR.
- Operating Temperature: 70 K to 730 K
- Temperature Stability: ± 0.05 K with K-20 Programmable Controller
- Temperature Response: 1 K/sec
- Cooling Capacity: 250 mW at 85 K with nitrogen; 500 mW with Ar at 95 K
- Cold pad size: 14 mm x 10 mm
- Standard Window material: Fused silica
- Optional Window Materials: Sapphire, KRS-5, Ge, etc.
- Standard Vacuum Chamber: Three-window Raman Spectroscopy chamber
- Optional Vacuum Chamber: Single-window chamber
- Weight of Vacuum chamber: 170 g (6 oz)