The Agilent 8500 field emission scanning electron microscope (FE-SEM) has a small footprint and provides researchers with a FE-SEM in their own laboratory. The novel microscope design enables high surface contrast, low-voltage imaging and high resolution that are normally possible to only in larger high-end field emission microscopes.
The SEM is approximately the size of a laser printer, easy to install, and offers convenient plug-and-play performance. There is no need for any dedicated facilities, just an AC power outlet is sufficient. The innovative scientific-grade system provides a range of imaging techniques to help enhance surface contrast and enables nanoscale features to be observed on a broad range of nanostructured materials such as thin films, polymers, biomaterials and other energy-sensitive samples on any substrate, even on glass.
Key Features and Specifications
The main features and specifications of the Agilent 8500 FE-SEM are:
- Imaging and resolution equivalent to that of conventional FE-SEMs
- Variable low voltage eliminates charging and sample coating requirements
- A programmable X-Y-Z stage enables users to set accurate coordinates as well as scan and save locations
- An electrostatic lens design ensures consistent performance without constant re-tuning
- Small footprint allows easy installation in any research laboratory and does not need special facilities