The PlasmaPro System400 is used for single-wafer or batch PVD processing and offers the flexibility of pulsed dc, dc, rf and reactive magnetron sputtering. It finds applications in production or research & development. The PlasmaPro System400 can be configured either with 4 x 200 mm or 6 x 100 mm rf and/or dc magnetrons. The single process chamber is sectioned into 4 or 6 sub-chambers, isolating the sources from each other and eliminating the high costs of clustering several single process chambers. Multi-layer processes are automated by process recipes in the PC2000TM process tool software, with its flexible user-friendly and intuitive graphical interface options.
The salient features of the PlasmaPro System400, offering optimum process uniformity and stability, include:
- The operation of the wafer table may be done in either rotating or static mode.
- It is possible to attach uniformity masks in order to improve uniformity or to remove them for high-rate processes.
- rf bias enables plasma pre-cleaning.
- Loadlocked wafer entry reduces particle contamination.
- Optional cryo-pump is provided for moisture-sensitive applications.
- The system can sputter metals and oxides having film thicknesses from 20nm up to several mm.
- Can be used for the complete range of sputtered metals - from Al to Zr.
- Flexibility in processes and materials is possible by the wide temperature range of the wafer table, with both water-cooling and heating up to 300°C.
- rf bias enables plasma-assisted deposition for lower temperatures, greater adhesion and greater flexibility in the choice of substrate materials
- Multiple materials can be deposited in one chamber in a single process.
The PlasmaPro System400 offers a variety of wafer handling options, including:
- Single-wafer loadlock.
- Cassette loading.
- Clustered cassette-to-cassette via robotic wafer transfer.
- Flexible Volume Throughput.
The loading capacity is shown in the table below:
|Wafer size (mm)
The typical uniformity is shown in the table below: