The PlasmaPro Estrelas 100 has been launched recently by Oxford Instruments. The system offers excellent process performance.
The PlasmaPro Estrelas 100 has been developed with the R&D market in mind and offers excellent process flexibility. Nano- and micro-structures can be
easily obtained since the hardware has been developed with the ability to run Bosch and cryo etch technologies in the same chamber.
Smooth sidewall processes as well as high-rate cavity etches can be performed with the PlasmaPro Estrelas100. The system is designed to ensure that the wide
range of MEMS applications is possible without changing the chamber hardware.
The main features of the PlasmaPro Estrelas100 include:
- Compatible with sizes from 50 to 200 mm, the system ensures the capability to develop devices that can be taken to production using the same chamber hardware.
- Electrostatic and mechanical clamping.
- Heated liners.
- Increased plasma stability, eliminating ‘first wafer effect’.
- Reduced polymer build-up, increasing the mean wafers throughput between mechanical cleans.
- Fast acting closed-coupled MFCs utilize software originally designed for atomic layer deposition.
- Reduced chamber volume ensures high-gas conductance.
- Low costs of ownership through optimized hardware and process control.