Corporation (NYSE: POL), a premier provider of specialized polymer materials,
services and solutions, today announced several developments aimed at further
strengthening its sustainability strategy.
Recently, PolyOne issued its Sustainability Promise, which builds on the Company’s
benchmark No Surprises PledgeSM and assures customers of its dedication to solutions
that meet environmental goals.
“The Sustainability Promise confirms that we will put our customers first
by developing and supplying sustainable solutions and by employing defined principles
in the way we conduct our business,” said Dr. Cecil Chappelow, PolyOne
vice president, innovation and sustainability, and chief innovation officer.
PolyOne’s Sustainability Promise affirms that the Company is committed
to meeting the needs of the present without compromising future generations’
abilities to meet their own needs. Key elements of this promise include:
- Development of innovative, safe, and environmentally sound products, services
- Increased use of energy-efficient technologies, recycling, waste reduction
techniques, and continuous improvement in operating efficiencies
- Collaboration with suppliers to reduce environmental impact of logistics
across the global supply chain.
To further support its sustainability commitment, PolyOne has defined a set
of standards for sustainability from which it has established a family of products
and services called “PolyOne Sustainable Solutions” that meet the
- Renewable: Solutions based in whole or in part on renewable resources.
- Reusable: Packaging and other logistics-related systems which are easily
returned or reused.
- Recyclable: Solutions which incorporate post-consumer or post-industrial
recycle content or which lend themselves to recycling.
- Eco-conscious composition: Solutions that respond to ever-changing market
needs by offering alternatives to traditional chemistries such as lead, bisphenol-A
(BPA), phthalates, or certain halogens.
- Resource efficient: Solutions that help conserve the earth’s resources
such as those that enable more efficient production, reduce part weight or
material consumption, enable faster cycle times or lower energy consumption.
In September 2008, PolyOne received the Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence
of the Year Award for its colorant and additive masterbatch products. This award
underscores PolyOne’s strategic focus on innovative sustainable solutions
which benefit both customers and the environment.