DEStech Publications, Inc. announces the publication of Introduction to Nonwovens Technology, by Subhash Batra and Benham Pourdeyhimi.
The processing of nonwovens depends on a range of technologies, some adapted from textiles and paper industries, others developed uniquely for the purpose. The book provides a systematic step-by-step explanation of the many processes that can integrate relevant raw materials into finished products for different end uses.
Introduction to Nonwovens Technology, by Subhash Batra and Benham Pourdeyhimi.
Throughout, the book recognizes the connection between the structure of nonwovens and the specialized as well as still evolving technologies used to produce them-- from simple roll goods to nano-scale webs and fiberwebs. The unified treatment in the book is meant to serve the needs of engineeri ng and technology students.
For students and instructors, the text offers reviews of basic chemistry, polymer physics and heat transfer concepts linked to the relevant chapters, along with problems and exercises for classroom study and individual practice. The book can also be used profitably as a self-teaching tool by those working in or new to the nonwovens industry.
Some of the highlights of the book include:
- Written to be used as a textbook or a book for self-learning with exercises to test comprehension
- Provides a unified and in-depth treatment of raw materials, web formation, bonding and melt-extrusion technologies
- Includes background information on heat, heat transfer and polymer physics
- Covers technologies that are proprietary, new or not widely known
- Introduces the concept of integrative technologies to produce multi-functional products
- Explains raw material properties and process parameter interactions.