By Gary Thomas
Umeco has announced that the company has received AS9100C certification for its structural materials operations in Manchester and Derby, the United Kingdom.
According to the Managing Director of Umeco Structural Materials Europe, David Bernard, AS9100C certification is the standard for best practice in aerospace and the aim of this certification is to maintain and enhance quality and enable prompt delivery of the product. The AS9100C certification insists the usage of the quality tools that are regularly utilized for ISO TS 16949, the automotive standard, David stated.
In compliance with AS9100 Rev C certification, it has been confirmed that the commitment towards the enhancement of the quality and strong management is being followed in the company, which serves its customers in aviation, defense and space industry. Customers in the company’s other segments may possibly receive comparable quality assurance by means of accreditation towards related certifications and standards.
The additional demands released by AS9100 Rev C certification include:
- Addressing project management
- Addressing risk management method in a formal way
- Measuring quality and on-time delivery of the product
- Ensuring the proposed product realisation method is being handled in a structured and controlled means.
- Ensuring to take proper actions if the proposed goals are not attained
- Documenting process control in order to find and address critical items, special demands and main characteristics