By Cameron Chai
Practical Components, a provider of dummy components, has announced that the company has launched a display case, which has component samples.
Practical Components CD Case
This new display case has dummy components that range from the standard SMT packages, including MLFs, OFPs, PBGAs and TSOPs, to the recent high technology packages, which include CVBGAs, PoPs, 01005s and flip chips. This display case can be easily portable, similar to a CD case. It is educational and offers a quick, portable show-and-tell representation for coworkers, customers, students and vendors.
The sample components present in this display case are:
- CVBGA Very Thin ChipArray
- Flip Chip
- MLF MicroLeadFrame
- LQFP Low-Profile Quad Flat Pack
- PBGA Plastic Ball Grid Array
- PSvfBGA Bottom Package on Package
- PoP Top Package on Package
- TSOP Type I
- QFPQFN Open-Molded Quad Flat Pack No Leads
- QFP Quad Flat Pack
- 01005, 0201, 0402, 0603, 0805, 1206 Chip Resistors
- 1/4 Watt Axial Leaded Resistor
- TO18 Through-Hole Transistor
- SOD80 Diode
- SOT23 Transistor
The company supplies dummy components that are mechanically similar to live components and those dummy components can be utilized only when the components’ physical properties are needed. Cost of these components is 80% less, when compared to live components. These components are suitable for testing the solder methods, machine setup and other process assessments.