Show vehicles featuring products from BASF Automotive Refinish Solutions on display at the 2012 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, have been recognized with awards from several organizations.
The awards recognize achievement across various categories, including design, innovation, creativity, performance and wow factor. The awards won by vehicles featuring BASF paint this year include:
- Ford Motor Co. Corporate Design “Best of Show” Award – DSO Eyewear / MAD-Industries 2013 Mustang GT, painted in R-M® Onyx HD Starfire Pearl 077
- General Motors “Best of Show” Award – The Chip Foose “Eldorod,” 1948 Cadillac Eldorado painted in Huntington Blue with a 20 percent black mix, both from BASF’s Glasurit® 90-Line.
- General Motors “Best Corvette” Award – The 1958 Corvette by Troy Trepanier of Rad Rides by Troy, painted in Glasurit® 90-Line 1250 Black.
- General Motors “Best Mini” Award – The 2013 Chevy Spark by Chris Magnum / DSO Eyewear painted in R-M® Onyx HD Starfire Pearl 077.
- General Motors “Best New Chevrolet Exterior” Award – The Nic Ashby / Rockstar Garage 2013 Yellow / Black Camaro Convertible in BASF R-M® Onyx HD Rockstar Yellow Pearl and R-M® Onyx HD Rockstar Black
- General Motors “Best New Chevrolet Compact Car” Award – The Chris Mangum / DSO Eyewear 2013 Black Cruze featuring BASF R-M® Onyx HD Gunmetal Metallic.
- Hyundai Presidents Choice Award – The JP Edition Veloster Concept by John Pangilinan, painted in R-M® Onyx HD Mint Green.
- Mothers® Shine Award for Paint & Design – The 1933 Rad Rides Salt Flat E-Street Roadster by Troy Trepanier of Rad Rides by Troy and painted in Glasurit® 90-Line Rad Rides Maroon and Rad Rides Flat Maroon.
- Mothers® Shine Award Finalists – The finalists included three vehicles featuring BASF paint:
- The 2012 Ridler Award Winning 1955 Ford Thunderbird, painted in Glasurit® 90-Line Brilliant Red, owned by Dwayne Peace, designed by Jonathon Peace and built by Torq’d Design Lab and Greening Auto Co.;
- The 1958 Corvette by Troy Trepanier in Glasurit® 90-Line 1250 Black; and
- The 2013 Ford Mustang GT Ringbrothers, featuring Glasurit® 90-Line gray.
- Motor Trend’s “Top Six Hottest Ford Mustangs at the 2012 SEMA Show” - The list included three Mustangs featuring BASF paint:
- The DSO Eyewear / MAD-Industries 2013 Mustang GT in R-M® Onyx HD Starfire Peal 077;
- The Mothers® Polish 2013 Ford Mustang GT RTR Spec 3, painted by Chris Guinn in BASF R-M® Onyx HD Carizzma paint in Mothers Red; and
- The 2013 Ford Mustang GT Ringbrothers, designed by the Ringbrothers and featuring Glasurit® 90-Line gray.
- Scion Tuner Challenge Award - The Minty FReSh Scion FR-S by Chris Basselgia of R Miller Autobody and painted in BASF’s R-M® Onyx HD Mint Green.
- Sony Computer Entertainment of America’s “Gran Turismo” Award – The Mothers® Polish Mustang 2013 Ford Mustang GT RTR Spec 3 in R-M® Onyx HD two-stage Carizzma waterborne paint in Mothers Red.
As a leading manufacturer of coatings for the collision repair, commercial fleet and automotive specialty markets, BASF Refinish offers the latest in waterborne and color technology, collision repair services and tools and the best color matching tools in the industry.