Thermcraft’s LQF system is an eco-friendly alternative solution for lead quenching and sand fluidized bed wire quenching process used for high and medium carbon steel wires.
Thermcraft’s LQF system provides the following property improvements:
- Pb-free surface
- Fine draw ability
- Patented tensile strength
- Improved work hardening rate
- Fatigue resistance
- Increased ratio of pearlitic structure
Advantages of LQF System
The following are the advantages of the LQF System:
- Easily adjustable system for various speeds, diameters, and types of carbon steel wire.
- Absence of lead and sand drag-out.
- Improves pearlitic structure in high and medium carbon steel wire, thanks to its high heat transfer rate.
- Allows installation without the removal of an existing lead bath.
- Easy to access, generates less heat, and maintains neat and clean environment.
- User-friendly system as it eliminates the environmental hazards of lead dust, molten lead, and sand recuperation in fluidized beds.
- Helps achieving quality improvements at a low cost of operation with reduced scrap, rejected material and rework.
- Absence of hazards of toxicological and ecological exposure caused by adverse physiological outcomes.
- Low capital investment, operating expenses and maintenance costs.
- The fine pearlitic microstructure obtained with the LQF system is not possible with other techniques, especially when processing higher strength super-, ultra- and mega-tensile steels.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Thermcraft.
For more information on this source, please visit Thermcraft.