Ensuring consistent, high-quality results is one of the major objectives of heat treatment. In order to achieve this, heat-treating systems must be kept in excellent condition despite being exposed to extreme conditions.
However, even with the various maintenance methods (including preventive and corrective maintenance) applied, the furnace can still break down, leading to unplanned downtime and lost production.
This article explores the ways in which predictive maintenance is emerging in the thermal processing industry as a strong method for analyzing efficiency and performance. It also offers a new perspective on predictive maintenance and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Ipsen’s PdMetrics® software platform for predictive maintenance is one such system that is revolutionising the thermal processing industry.
The software contains sophisticated diagnostics and monitoring, which combine with important furnace systems to offer insights never before seen in the industry.
Download the Article for More Information
This article provides a deeper understanding of how predictive maintenance allows a user to:
- Minimize unplanned downtime
- Predict future equipment anomalies
- Experience furnace visibility in real-time for better, quicker decision making: view dashboards on tablets, office PCs or smartphones, and receive urgent alerts via email or text
- Obtain better furnace performance through proactive maintenance
- Analyze data surrounding anomalies to perform root-cause analysis
- View the condition of all furnaces at all facilities using furnace fleet analytics
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Ipsen.
For more information on this source, please visit Ipsen.