The Insulator Seal division of MDC Vacuum Products has recently joined up with a multidisciplinary research organization to specifically design pressure vessels which will be employed to analyze condensed matter response to extreme conditions.
The aim of these studies is to understand the physical and chemical changes to liquids and solids while undergoing extreme compression – for example, shock physics. Axial progression of shock waves is monitored through the complex design of rectangular, high pressure viewports.
- Rectangular detector required full view with limited space
- Pressure (> 10 atmospheres, explosive loading)
- Linear scanning along axis of window providing wide field of view
ISI P/N: 1344309
- UHV, Low Vapor Pressure, High Temperature
- Over 1 Square Inch Viewing Area
- Length to Width Aspect Ratio Greater Than 3:1
- Sapphire (Al2O3, C-axis Oriented Parallel to Optical Axis)
- Nonmagnetic, Austenitic Stainless Steel Housing; µ < 1.005
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by MDC Vacuum Products, LLC.
For more information on this source, please visit MDC Vacuum Products, LLC.