The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) had recently presented the Insulator Seal division of MDC Vacuum Products, LLC, with the prospect to manufacture a 10 kW RF-power coil.
The ITER tokamak reactor will be the largest and most powerful fusion device throughout the world. It is designed to produce 500 MW of power for 50 MW of input heating power (a power amplification ratio of 10). It will go down in history as the first ever fusion device to create net energy.
- RF-power water-cooled feed through functions as a high frequency in-vacuum induction heating coil
- Helium Leak Tested to: 2.0 x 10-10 std. atm.cc/sec
- Designed to emit uniform energy or temperature over 190 mm zone
- Voltage Rating: 8 kV peak
- Power Rating: 10 kW @ 450 kHz
ISI P/N: 1171501
- Tube: Oxygen Free High Thermal Conductivity (OFHC) Copper
- Ceramics: 94% Alumina
- Flange Assembly: 304 Stainless Steel and OFHC Copper
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by MDC Vacuum Products, LLC.
For more information on this source, please visit MDC Vacuum Products, LLC.