The NanoVault is an acoustic enclosure built with the aim of dampening sound produced by applications that use multiple instruments in combination as well as large atomic force microscopes (AFMs). The configuration most commonly seen is a setup in which AFMs are linked to inverted light microscopes.
The NanoVault is significant not just for the top-quality hardware and the high level of acoustic isolation which is, after all, common to all such enclosures from Herzan, but for the greater accessibility it offers with a front door that can be opened with ease and a back panel that can be taken off. It is used to shield a multitude of research projects over the world, with its immense flexibility.
- High acoustic isolation: The NanoVault uses a lot of sound-damping material arranged in layers which are of different densities to make sure that both high and low frequencies of noise are successfully damped.
- Structurally sound: the enclosure is built of welded steel, the density of which makes it very stiff and resistant to vibration, thus decreasing the amount of vibration that is transmitted through the ground.
- Extreme accessibility: the enclosure is built to allow easy access with a door that opens with less than five pounds of force, and a back panel that can be removed, while the castor wheels make it easy to move around so that any research for which time is a critical factor can be carried out without a hitch.
- Unmatched customization: the NanoVault offers a host of upgrades for still better performance, improved ease of use, more accessibility and greater environmental compliance.
Widely Used Upgrades
The NanoVault has many popular upgrades which can make it still better able to fulfill the requirements of specific users, such as:
- Built-in isolation from active or passive vibration
- Acoustic performance boost
- EMI shielding
- NanoDamp frame
- Gas purge facility
- Temperature-stable design
- Customized sizes and colors
The dimensions of the NanoVault are shown in the image below:
- In imperial units: 34.5 x 31 x 28.1 inches (WxDxH)
- In metric units: 876.3 x 787.4 x 713.7 mm (WxDxH)
- In imperial units: 40 x 36.4 x 60.4 inches (WxDxH)
- In metric units: 1,016 x 924.6 x 1,534.2 mm (WxDxH)
As shown in this chart, the performance highlights are as follows:
- At 100 Hz (approximately), there is 50 dB of sound loss
- At 250 Hz, there is 33 dB
- At 500 Hz, 28 dB
- At 1000 Hz, about 33 dB
- At 2500 Hz, about 43 dB
The NanoVault offers the greatest isolation of acoustic noise across a wide range of sound frequencies because of the way multiple layers of varying density are used to line its inside surface.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Herzan LLC.
For more information on this source, please visit Herzan LLC.