iCenta’s IC-LPM inline paddlewheel meter is being used by a manufacturer of flooring systems to monitor the flow of oil through chilled textile rollers in its carpet substrate ovens. Forbo is a globally recognized manufacturer of linoleum, vinyl, and carpet floor coverings.
Forbo’s carpet substrate ovens use chilled textile rollers, cooled by oil flow to prevent the substrate from blistering or sticking to the rollers. As a result of carbonization, the flow of oil through the rollers can become blocked, thereby lowering the cooling efficiency.
To enhance awareness of cooling oil flow rates and confirm that they do not drop below a critical level for effective cooling, Forbo has incorporated a series of IC-LPM flow meters and flow indicators to the oil cooling system with a 4–20 mA signal and a low flow alarm for remote monitoring and control of the process.
Forbo selected the IC-LPM flow meter because of its robust design and ability to function at high temperatures, features that make it a reliable and economical option for this and similar process cooling applications.
IC-LPM Paddlewheel Meter Features
- Robust stainless steel construction
- High-temperature operation, up to 350 °C
- High-pressure rating up to 100 bar
- Good accuracy with low pressure drop
- Cost-effective meters for a wide range of liquids
- Versatile, adaptable design with custom options
- Choice of outputs including pulse, 4–20 mA
- Variable flow instruments and displays for both compact or remote installs
- Fuel and oil monitoring
- Chemical and water batching
- Chilled water circuit monitoring
- High-temperature thermal oil monitoring
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by iCenta Controls Ltd.
For more information on this source, please visit iCenta Controls Ltd.