Senix non-contact ToughSonic® ultrasonic sensors provide cost-efficient, the continuous level measurement for both large and small tanks. They are installed at the top of the tank, do not touch the liquid and can quantify both benign and chemical liquids.
- Non-contact – non-immersion in liquid
- Simple installation at the top of the tank into standard fittings
- Operation both indoors and outdoors, in plastic or metal tanks
- Easy to connect to additional industrial equipment
- Capable of measuring a broad array of liquids and liquid environments
- Accessories for displaying, alarming and controlling liquid levels
- Wireless option for transmitting tank levels to an LAN or cloud
- MRO & OEM tank setup duplication without the need to recalibrate
Tank Measurement Environments
Water and Mild Liquids Measurements
ToughSonic General Purpose sensors comfortably deal with these liquids. Robust construction, materials with corrosion resistance, a broad environmental operating range and a liquid-tight IP68 ingress rating render them optimal for both indoor and outdoor operation – even in saltwater and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) environments.
Products are available in an assortment of distance ranges, accommodating tanks spanning 6 in (15 cm) to 50 feet (15.2 m), with several mounting threads and accessories also offered. Every ToughSonic sensor includes analog, switch and data interfaces and compatible setup software, provided at no extra cost.
Chemical Level Measurement
ToughSonic CHEM sensors broaden the range of environments in which Senix sensors function. Certain common chemicals can cause damage or corrosion to sensor materials, even 316 stainless steel. Transducer elements and bonding adhesives can also be susceptible to these problems. However, Senix’s CHEM sensors circumvent such issues by utilizing a continuous injection-molded housing constituted of Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF). This is a highly non-reactive thermoplastic which is resistant to acids, hydrocarbons and solvents.
CHEM sensors possess both the bottom and top mounting threads and contain a potted-in, PUR-jacketed, UV-resistant cable. Specific chemicals and operating temperatures can be verified with easily available compatibility charts. Every ToughSonic sensor includes analog, switch and data interfaces, in addition to compatible setup software, which is provided at no extra cost.
Sensor Outputs and Interfaces
Each ToughSonic General Purpose and ToughSonic CHEM product is configured with multiple analog and switch outputs, which are compatible with the majority of industrial equipment, in addition to a serial data communications interface for SenixVIEW software setup or user applications.
Analog outputs can be in proportion to tank level or volume. Switch outputs are capable of controlling valves and pumps, as well as indicating high or low alarm conditions. Simple level controls can be generated with only a sensor and an external relay option. Outputs undergo user-configuration with SenixVIEW setup software. Setups are permanently saved in the sensor, and can also be saved and duplicated in additional sensors without the need for re-calibration. Certain models possess five simultaneous outputs, while others possess two SenixVIEW selected outputs. Each sensor has a serial data interface, and every output operates concurrently.
Outputs, ToughSonic 30, 50 and CHEM products
Accessories and Options
Displays, Alarms and Packaged Systems
Digital controller accessories show level measurements and/or generate outputs for controlling additional equipment. Tank levels can be presented as a level or volume in any units. Relay output options manage pumps, valves or level alarms. The re-transmission of measurements to other displays or equipment at alternative locations is also possible. Additional features comprise:
- Sunlight readability of outdoor displays assisted by large digits
- Pump control sequencing for multi-pump systems
- Volume calculations for horizontal cylindrical tanks or alternative configurations
Displays are typically vended individually, with or without housings, although Senix can also produce a bespoke packaged system in accordance with customer needs.
Wireless Connectivity to LAN or Cloud
AirWire Level Transmitter
With Senix AirWire® Local, tank level measurements undergo wireless transmission from the tank to a receiver-gateway on the user’s Local Area Network (LAN) and/or transfer to the cloud for worldwide access.
- Transmission of tank levels inside buildings without the need to install conduit or wiring
- Collection of nearby tank levels from miles away
- Non-existent recurring cellular charges
- Non-requirement for wiring at the tank site
- Measurement rates as rapid as a few times per hour
- Connection with any Senix ToughSonic sensor with an RS-485 interface
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Senix Corporation.
For more information on this source, please visit Senix Corporation.