Micromeritics’ ASAP 2020 Accelerated Surface Area and Porosimetry analyzer uses the gas sorption technique to generate high-quality data for research and quality control applications. Available options include the micropore option, the high-vac option, and the chemisorption option, which uses the static volumetric technique to determine the percent metal dispersion, active metal surface area, size of active particles, and surface acidity of catalyst materials. Data obtained by an ASAP 2020 analyzer are used to achieve efficiency, safety, quality, and profitability in any modern materials-oriented work, and can be used by scientists with confidence and assurance.
Figure 1. ASAP 2020 Accelerated Surface Area and Porosimetry Analyzer
Uses of the ASAP 2020
The ASAP 2020 is used to characterize the active and support surfaces of catalysts, to determine the high surface areas of adsorbents, and to determine the microporosity and hydrogen storage capacity of various nano materials. Materials with low surface areas such as powdered metals, glass fibers, and natural organic materials can also be analyzed. The pharmaceutical industry uses the ASAP 2020 to analyze tableted products, surface area being directly related to dissolution rate. Micromeritics’ staff of scientists can help you determine how the ASAP 2020 can be used for your application.
- Two Independent vacuum systems that allow preparation and analysis to proceed concurrently
- Oil-free “dry” vacuum option to prevent oil contamination
- Two-station intelligent degas system for fully automated degassing with controlled heating time profiles
- Long-duration cryogen system for unattended analyses
- Twelve gas inlets that are automatically selectable to allow for automated selection of pretreatment, backfill, and analysis gases, and the ability to connect to a mass spectrometer
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Micromeritics Instrument Corporation.
For more information on this source, please visit Micromeritics Instrument Corporation.