The Atomic Force Microscope (AFM), has been the instrument of choice for three dimensional measurements at the nanometer scale. With the MFP-3D Stand Alone (MFP-3D-SA) AFM, scientists can now choose a sensitive and precise AFM with the lowest noise performance that also includes a complete scientific software environment. The MFP-3D-SA is ideal for many applications including physics, material science, polymers, chemistry, nanolithography, bioscience, and quantitative nanoscale measurements. The MFP-3D has the flexibility to acquire your data, analyze it, and even make publication-ready graphics. Your imagination is your only limit.
• Designed with sensored, closed loop positioning to give image clarity, accuracy, and reproducibility.
• Designed with an all-digital controller and open software adaptability to meet the demands of your research.
• Designed with advanced features built-in such as nanolithography and 3D rendering.
MFP-3D AFM Head
Low noise, eliminates interference
Sensored optical lever with diffraction limited optics and a low coherence light source virtually eliminates interference artefacts. The NPS™ sensored Z axis provides precise measurements of the cantilever position for accurate force and topography measurements. An optional Extended Head allows for a 28µm Z range.
MFP-3D AFM XY Scanner
Precision and accuracy unlike any tube scanner
The MFP-3D uses a flexured scanner and patent-pending NPS sensors which measure the exact position of each axis (X & Y). They correct for hysteresis and creep, providing flat scans and the ability to accurately zoom and offset with one mouse click.
MFP-3D AFM XY Base
Three configurations for illuminating and viewing your sample.
Three configurations for illuminating and viewing your sample. Top view for opaque samples. Bottom view for transparent samples Dual view for both viewing options.
All-Digital Controller and Software
All-digital configuration allows virtually the entire system operation to be controlled through the MFP software interface (IGOR Pro) for easy addition of new microscope capabilities.
• ModeMaster™ - A library of standard and user-defined operation modes such as AC, Contact, Phase, EFM, LFM, Force Mode, Nanolithography
• Savant™ - Turns complex tasks into a single mouse click
• SmartStart™ - Auto configures any peripheral that interfaces with the controller for plug and play operation
• 25+ megapixel resolution
• MicroAngelo™ - Nanolithography and manipulation
• ARgyle™ - 3D rendering both on and offline
• Channel Overlay – Overlay data such as EFM or phase channel on topography
• IGOR Command and macro language at your disposal
• DSPDirector™ allows direct access to the DSP for custom experiments (optional)
• Edit and create your own Savant routines
• Software control of signal routing through crosspoint switch
1µm x 1µm phase image of pits etched in silicon through the self-assembled, diblock, polymer mask. Sample courtesy of O. Gang, Brookhaven National Laboratory.
MFM image of a hard disk, 20µm scan.
Live endothelial cell, 90µm scan.
Nanografting of thiols on a Au(111) surface. 1.5µm scan courtesy of M. Liu and G. Liu, UC Davis.