Turn to Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne, formerly Carpenter Advanced Ceramics, advanced zirconia ceramics for your toughest material problems. Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's zirconia offers ideal solutions for many difficult applications where wear, abrasion, impact, corrosion and high temperatures cause conventional materials to fail. Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's patented compositions and highly-controlled manufacturing processes ensure that you will be working with the strongest, toughest, most consistent Mg-PSZ that you can buy - anywhere. Try Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's zirconia today.
Advanced Zirconia Can Tooling
Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne, formerly Carpenter Advanced Ceramics’ PROSEAMER rolls made from Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's Mg-PSZ improve the production efficiency of canneries and three-piece can making plants. Can seaming is a complex metal-forming process. Stainless steel, hardened steel, and chrome-alloy can seaming rolls suffer from wear, corrosion and pitting, galling and pick-up. These problems can affect product quality by wrinkling or scuffing the can seams and producing out-of-spec seam dimensions. These problems cost you money and productivity because of the time spent cleaning, adjusting and replacing rolls instead of producing saleable product.
Ceramic Can Manufacturing and Canning Components
PROSEAMER™ Can Seaming Rolls , Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's PROSEAMER rolls made from Mg-PSZ eliminate or significantly reduce many of the problems resulting from wear, corrosion and surface damage to can tooling components. Consistent, scuff-free seams form easily on the low friction and corrosion resistant profiled surface. The extremely low profile wear rates reduce seaming machine adjustments and result in longer runs between roll changes. PROSEAMER rolls resist chips and are extremely durable - even during production jams or crashes.
Advantages of Ceramic Can Seaming Rolls
The advantages of ceramic can seaming rolls include the following:
- PROSEAMER rolls are harder than steel or chrome-alloy rolls
- PROSEAMER rolls are highly corrosion resistant
- PROSEAMER rolls have low friction characteristics
- PROSEAMER rolls are solid ceramic - not a surface coating like TiN
- Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne’s Mg-PSZ is the toughest ceramic commercially available. Mg-PSZ is USDA approved for food contact
Benefits of Ceramic Can Seaming Rolls
The benefits of ceramic can seaming rolls include the following:
- Increases production efficiency through reduced downtime
- Increases roll life by as much as 10 times over steel rolls
- Increases seam quality and consistency
- Reduces scuffing and wrinkling of seams
- Reduces maintenance time for roll adjustments
- Reduces Metal and enamel build-up in the seaming profile
Features of Magnesia Partially Stabilized Zirconia (Mg-PSZ) Ceramic
The features of Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's Mg-PSZ ceramic include the following:
- Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne’s Mg-PSZ is a patented space-age ceramic that has high strength and unsurpassed toughness. It is ideal for high impact applications.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne’s Mg-PSZ has exceptional wear resistance and high hardness. Oxides, scale and grit have little effect on its rock-hard surface.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne’s Mg-PSZ is inert and has a low coefficient of friction. Metals and coatings don’t pick-up or gall to its surface.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne’s Mg-PSZ has good thermal shock resistance. Elevated operating temperatures are not a problem.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne’s Mg-PSZ is the most reliable ceramic available. Customers achieve consistent results across a wide range of applications.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne’ PROSEAMER rolls are available from stock in a variety of standard body styles and profiles. In addition, custom body styles and profiles can be produced.
Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in Advanced Ceramic Technology. Other components for can manufacturing applications are currently being developed using our patented Mg-PSZ technology. If you have a unique application or need custom made can tooling components, Morgan Advanced Materials may be able to provide a solution, so contact your nearest sales office.
Source: Morgan Advanced Materials
For more information on this source please visit Morgan Advanced Materials.