Turn to Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne, formerly Carpenter Advanced Ceramics, advanced zirconia ceramics for your toughest material problems. Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's zirconia offers ideal solutions for many difficult applications where wear, abrasion, impact, corrosion and high temperatures cause conventional materials to fail. Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's patented compositions and highly-controlled manufacturing processes ensure that you will be working with the strongest, toughest, most consistent Mg-PSZ that you can buy - anywhere. Try Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne's zirconia today.
Advanced Zirconia Battery Tooling
Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne Mg-PSZ offers a wide range of material solutions to overcome wear, erosion and corrosion in the production of Dry Cell Alkaline and Carbon Zinc Batteries. From the production of cans to metal jacket crimping and in the handling of the corrosive and abrasive battery mix of carbon-zinc production, Carpenter’s Mg-PSZ ceramic can provide solutions where conventional materials fail.
Features of Morgan Advanced Materials Advanced Ceramics Zirconia
The Morgan Advanced Materials Advanced Ceramic Zirconia features include the following:
- Morgan Advanced Materials Mg-PSZ is a patented space-age ceramic that has a high strength and unsurpassed toughness. Unlike many ceramic materials it is ideal for applications involving high impact loads.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Mg-PSZ has high hardness and exceptional wear resistance. Oxides, scale and grit have little effect on its rock-hard surface.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Mg-PSZ is inert and has a low coefficient of friction. Metals and coatings do not pick-up or gall to its surface and it is highly resistant to chemical attack from acidic or caustic solutions.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Mg-PSZ is the most reliable ceramic available. Customers achieve reproducible results in a wide range of applications.
- Tooling made from Morgan Advanced Materials Mg-PSZ can outperform conventional materials by as much as 10 times.
- Over an extended period, overall tooling costs are reduced as a result of using Morgan Advanced Materials Mg-PSZ.
- Reduced die and tooling wear provides improved product quality.
- Frequency of tooling changes and re-polishing is reduced, providing reduced downtime and resultant productivity improvements.
- The corrosion and erosive wear resistance of Morgan Advanced Materials Mg-PSZ in the area of carbon-zinc battery mix makes it the ideal substitute for stellites and composites.
Applications of Zirconia in Battery Manufacturing
Dies, Sleeves and Metal-Forming Tools
Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne' Mg-PSZ with its hard, tough and non-galling properties is the ideal material for dies for can closure, crimping and swaging dies and sleeves for metal jacket production and general metal forming operations. Conventional die materials typically pick-up metal over time and/ or corrode to develop surface pitting with often translates into scratches on the finished battery or the metal jacket and diminished product quality. Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne Mg-PSZ is highly resistant to corrosion and the resultant surface pitting. It is also highly scratch resistant and with its non-galling properties, dies and sleeves made from Morgan Advanced Materials's Mg-PSZ are extremely “gentle” on finished product surfaces.
Liners, Nozzles and Mix Handling Components
Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne' Mg-PSZ provides a combination of material properties, which make it the material of choice for a range of applications in handling corrosive and abrasive battery mix. From the liners of mixers and sweepers through to the extruders, plunger tips, nozzles and component dies, Morgan Advanced Materials's Mg-PSZ performs where other materials do not. Wear and corrosion resistant components made from Morgan Advanced Materials Melbourne' Mg-PSZ have proven to outperform hardened steels and Stellites® by 5-10 times while improving production control, productivity and product quality.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Morgan Advanced Materials.
For more information on this source please visit Morgan Advanced Materials.