The TriStar® II Series are fully automated, three-station, surface area and porosity analyzers that deliver high-quality data at an affordable price. These instruments are capable of increasing the speed and efficiency of routine quality control analyses, yet has the accuracy, resolution, and data reduction capability to meet most research requirements.
The TriStar® II combines versatility in analysis methods and data reduction to allow the user to optimize analyses to specific applications. The TriStar® II Plus contains all the capability of the TriStar II with additional hardware and software features. Each instrument in the series also features a Krypton Option, allowing measurements in a very low surface area range.
Surface Area and Porosity
Surface area and porosity are key physical properties that impact the utility and quality of a wide variety of products and materials. Hence, it is essential that these properties be determined accurately and controlled.
Knowledge of the physical properties, such as surface area and porosity, is important to understanding the structure, formation, and application of a number of natural materials.
TriStar II - Compact System - Packed with Features
The key features include:
- The three analysis ports can operate independently of each other as well as simultaneously, gathering three BET surface area measurements in less than 20 minutes
- Up to four TriStars can be operated with a single computer
- The TriStar II accommodates the use of carbon dioxide, argon and other non-corrosive gases such as methane, butane, or other light hydrocarbons.
- The standard nitrogen system can measure surface areas as low as 0.01 m2/g. A Krypton Option can extend surface area measurements to as low as 0.001 m2/g
- The dedicated standard P0 port enables continuous measurement of saturation pressure that can be entered manually or collected over the sample. The TriStar II offers the flexibility to fine-tune and control analysis speed and accuracy
- Fixed or incremental dosing routines prevent overshooting pressure points while reducing analysis time
- Users can measure, calculate, or manually enter free space, accommodating special sample types and emphasizing speed when required without requiring Helium
- Improved product support features include: Ethernet communication between TriStar and the computer, bar code reader capability, ability to perform remote diagnostics via the internet, diagnostic software, and the ability to read and compare historical TriStar data to TriStar II data
- A 2.75-liter dewar and extended length sample tubes enables complete adsorption and desorption isotherms to be collected without operator intervention
- The TriStar II can collect up to 1000 data points. Fine details of the isotherm can be observed and recorded providing high resolution and revealing pore structure details
- Powerful and intuitive Windows®-based software enables more flexibility in data archiving and networking. The most powerful features of this software can be seen in its expanded range of data reduction and reporting. SPC reports, isotherm and thickness models, isosteric heat of adsorption, and integrated DFT models are included
- Removal of atmospheric contaminants from the surface and pores of a sample prior to analysis can be accomplished with optional sample preparation devices that combine flowing gas and/or vacuum with heat
- The cabinet is compact and attractively designed with easy accessibility
TriStar II Plus
TriStar II Plus – Additional Hardware and Software Features
Key features of the TriStar II Plus include:
- A corrosive resistant, stainless-steel analysis manifold, designed for extremely accurate gas management
- Dewar design permits more than 40 hours of continuous temperature control
- Users can interactively evaluate isotherm data and reduce the time it takes to obtain surface area and porosity results with intuitive MicroActivetm software
- Direct modelling for BET, t-Plot, Langmuir, DFT interpretation, and more with user selectable data ranges through the graphic interface
- Define up to five reports that include on-screen previews with the Report Options editor. Each report can contain multiple summary, tabular, and graphical information panes
- Overlay up to 25 files including mercury intrusion data with a file add-and-subtract feature
- Powerful Python scripting language gives users the ability to develop extensions to the standard report library offered in the TriStar II Plus software
- Dashboard monitors instrument operation providing real-time performance and maintenance scheduling information
- Can use two isotherms (CO2 and N2) to calculate pore size diameter via NLDFT for micropore analyses of carbons
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Micromeritics Instrument Corporation.
For more information on this source, please visit Micromeritics Instrument Corporation.