The Q400 thermomechanical analyzer available from TA Instruments is a research-grade thermomechanical analyzer (TMA) that provides excellent flexibility in test probes, operating modes, and available signals.
The Q400EM Enhanced Mode (EM) enables dynamic, transient, and Modulated TMA™ experiments for viscoelastic materials characterization. The system is suitable for teaching, research, and quality control applications.
The core of the Q400 TMA system is the linear variable differential transducer (LVDT), which creates a precise output signal that is directly proportional to a sample dimension change. The system also features a robust furnace that enables accurate temperature rate control and ensures long life. The vertical movement of the furnace is controlled by software, and cooling reservoir allows mechanical or passive cooling.
Additionally, the Q400 features an open-design sample chamber that allows samples and probes to be loaded easily. Sample thermocouple can also be positioned for optimal measurement of temperature.
The main features of the Q400 thermomechanical analyzer are as follows:
- Vertical furnace for precise heating rate control
- Sample chamber for easy sample loading and probe placement
- Non-contact, friction-free motor for high force control and low compliance
- Software-programmable force loading
- Wide force range : 0.001 to 2N
- Linear variable differential transducer (LVDT)
- Different modes of deformation: Compression, expansion, tension, penetration, and 3-point bending