The revolutionary portable metal hardness test of the Equotip Piccolo 2 enables accurate measurements on most metals.
The Equotip Piccolo 2 offers identical features as Equotip Bambino 2 but also enables user-defined hardness conversions, automated portable hardness test during serial production and remote control of the Equotip Piccolo 2 settings and systematic real time monitoring of hardness. With this instrument for the portable metal hardness test customers can enjoy full bi-directional communication via USB interface and free online firmware updates.
The DL Accessory Kit is used for expanding the range of applications. It enables the portable metal hardness test in confined spaces and recessed surfaces through a long, slim testing nozzle.
- Scratch proofed metal housing is robust and durable, portable at just 147.5 x 44 x 20 mm in size
- The large LCD display and three-button keypad offer easy readings and simple control
- Rapid test mechanism and automatic correction for impact direction
- Broad measurement range on common hardness scales (HV, HB, HRC, HRB, HS, Rm)
- Users may apply custom conversions for uncommon alloys
- Internal data storage of 2'000 readings includes important information like day, time, and measurement statistics
- Intelligent on/standby modes for optimum battery performance
- USB enables PC interface and free updates via internet.
- On-site portable metal hardness test during processing and production
- Excellent for material selection, acceptance and quality control tests
- The Equotip Piccolo 2 is great for production level portable metal hardness test on heavy and big parts
- Suitable for difficult to access or confined test locations, also curved sample surfaces.
Proceq offers a broad selection of support rings to permit the portable metal hardness test on a great variety of part geometries. For the portable metal hardness test, Proceq also offers a version of the Equotip Piccolo 2 with fewer features, the Equotip Bambino 2.
||11 Nmm (Equotip D probe)
|Spherical test tip
||Tungsten carbide, 3 mm diameter
|Minimum radius of surface curvature
||150 - 950 HL
||1 HL; 1 HV; 1 HB; 0.1 HRC; 0.1 HRB; 0.1 HS; 1 MPa (1 N/mm²)
||± 4 HL (0.5% at 800 HL)
||147.5 x 44 x 20 mm (5.71 x 1.75 x 0.79 in.)
||scratch proofed anodized aluminum
||large, high contrast LCD
|Internal data storage
||~ 2’000 readings (non-volatile memory)
||USB, bidirectional, incl. remote control and operator lock through Piccolink software
||Piccolink software included
||Li ion, charges through device USB port, over ~ 20,000 impacts on a full charge, intelligent wake-up/sleep mode
||-10 to +60 °C (14 to 140 °F)